What’s New in FTK 3.4.1?
Database and Processing Enhancements
- FTK now ships with PostgreSQL. However it will continue to support Oracle, as well.
- Increased overall processing performance through indexing optimizations in the evidence processing engine.
- Define database location with PostgresSQL.
- Archive expansion is on by default.
- The processing engine now checks for connectivity to evidence files every 2 minutes during processing and will record any exceptions to the progress window.
- Processing speed for EDB files has been greatly improved.
Bookmarking and Reporting
- Reporting now has an option to keep email attachments together with parent email messages. This functionality is similar to reports generated by FTK 1.x.
- The Bookmarks section of reports has changed to match the same tree structure created by the user in the FTK Examiner.
- Bookmark Selection in File now allows for more than one selection per file to be added to a bookmark from any FTK tab.
- FTK Reports now include links to jump to the first or last page of a multi-page section of a selected report.
Additional Encryption, File System and File Support
- Added decryption
- Office 2010
- Sophos SafeGuard Enterprise 5.5
- Symantec Endpoint Encryption v8.0
- Lotus Notes proprietary encryption, $SealData, for individually encrypted items inside an NSF.
- Support for an additional 32 files types
- A new column identifies encrypted PDFs, and encrypted PDFs are also flagged in file status.
- Improved handling of Blackberry .IPD files: Now displays calendar information, phone hot-list, tasks, Bluetooth options and browser URLs